Thursday, December 21, 2017

IO Challenge- Anything Goes


Greetings friends.  Today the IO challenge theme is "anything goes."  Yeah!  Don't you love seeing where the creative mood takes you?

For me, I wanted to play with two of the new IO dogs.  Aren't they sweet?  You could use it for a Valentine, but it works just fine to let someone know that you care.

To make the card, I stamped the two dogs with black Versafine ink onto 140lb watercolor paper.  Then I colored the dogs with Zig Clean Color brush markers and softened the markers with a waterbrush.  Once the dogs were dry, I added some color around the dogs and under the dogs as a shadow.  I wanted to let the dogs dry first so that the markers wouldn't bleed into each other.

To finish the card, I added a sentiment from a clear set and some "patterned" papers I made using some Cover a Card backgrounds.

Stamps used:
Silly Dog C15123 (the one with his tongue hanging out)
Sweet Dog D15124 (heart on the nose)
Saying- from the Warm Fuzzies CL492 set (I'm sorry.  I think it has been discontinued)
Cover a Card Gingham CC006



Don't forget to visit the other designers!
 

1 comment:

lynda said...

Love love this cute little doggies card! Colors are great, and I love the shading around the dogs.