Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Impression Obsession Sneak Peek

I can't tell you how excited I am about the Impression Obsession CHA release! It is an enormous release filled with images from all of your favorite designers such as Alesa Baker, Leigh Hannan, Sarah Phelps, Melissa Gordon, and Gary Robertson. The snowman card I posted for the Shimmerz swap highlighted images from Alesa Baker. Today I am showing you cards using Leigh Hannan and Sarah Phelps designs.

The first card features a Leigh Hannan cat image that I colored with Copic Markers and some Pixie Dust Shimmerz. Here is a close up of the Shimmerz:

To finish the card, I added some Stardust pen to make stars and embossed the saying (Black Cats Prowl C5469) with silver powder.

For the second card, I stamped the Sarah Phelps cornucopia onto kraft paper and colored it with Copic markers. I thought the cornucopia worked well with the "May the Bounty" saying (D6043).
Can you see the burlap background on the card? I am so excited about the new Impression Obsession Cover a Card backgrounds! They are 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" cling mount images that fit over the entire front of a card and allow you to make your own background papers. I am actually bubbly over these new stamps. I know people get frustrated with large backgrounds because it is so hard to stamp the whole thing cleanly. Have you ever stamped a background and missed the center part of the image? Well, IO is now offering a "Mega Mount" acrylic block that rocks over the paper and allows you to get even pressure with your image. Fantastic! Look for other IO designers incorporating the backgrounds on their cards.

Deborah and Julie are also offering sneak peeks today, so be sure to visit their blogs. Also, Shirley is keeping track of this week's sneak peeks on Impression Obsession's blog, so you won't miss a thing!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

How really beautiful! What to like first. I love that cat and the Shimmerz and the Horn of Plenty is just so lovely and Fall!

Deborah March said...

These are wonderful...love love LOVE that Halloween card!!

Julie Koerber said...

These are just too cute! I love, love, love the kitty one with the bit of sparkle! And, the one fit of a Thanksgiving feast is lovely! The coloring is fantastic.

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, these are awesome! Love the sparkly stars!!!

Anne said...

Hi, Laura! Beautiful cards! Love the shimmerz stars, too! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for that mega-mount! Sounds like a great tool! :-)

Jenny Gropp said...

OK -- I am a bit partial to cats --- I LOVE THE KITTY CARD!! LOVE IT!!! You have showcased it wonderfully! The Thanksgiving card is also wonderful showing off those fab backgrounds again!! Colored to perfection!!