Monday, July 13, 2009

Big Hero Arts Week

Hero Arts is having a big week this week celebrating their new website (which unveils on Wed), and they are offering double the prizes! Not only are they picking twice as many winners as usual, but they are doubling the price amounts. Woohoo! You can check out the information here.

Today I am posting a project I made for the Hero Arts challenge last week. The theme was "vacation." I decided I wanted to make something other than a card and dressed up some cheap flip flops for my next trip to VA Beach.

To make the flip flop toppers, I stamped a Hero Arts background stamp onto some shrink plastic using Staz On ink. I then punched out the background using a Marvy Mega Circle punch. Once I shrunk the plastic, I colored the circle with a blue Marvy Marker. I then punched out a peice of blank white shrink plastic using a Marvy Giga Scallop punch and shrunk it. Here is a close up of the topper so that you can see what it looked like when I attached the two pieces together:

I sealed the finished project so that my marker wouldn't run and attached the topper to the flip flop using a combination of glue dots and Diamond Glaze. Overall, it was a pretty quick and easy project. I made a few extra of the toppers because I think they are going to be really cute decorative buttons for cards.

Check back again tomorrow. Impression Obsession is starting a week of sneak peeks, and Tuesday is my day to post. There is also a Design Team challenge scheduled for Thursday which should be a lot of fun.

Until then...

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Laura! What an inventive project! Love how it turned out! :-)

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is such a neat project. You come up with the best ideas!