Thursday, January 29, 2015

Impression Obsession and Chameleon Pens

For those of you who know me, you know that I absolutely love coloring.  I was really drawn to the new Dot Flowers E17025 because I knew it would work well with all sorts of coloring mediums...copics, watercolor pencils, Prismacolors, Twinkling H20's, etc.  In this case, I wanted to practice getting a gradient of color with my Chameleon pens.

For this card, the two flowers are both colored with the same PR4 Purple Grape pen.  I then added some of the NU3 Fawn marker on top of the one flower to give it some golden tones.  To accentuate the stems, I traced them with the YG3 Spring Meadow pen.




Of course, I am now dying to try the same flowers in yellow to make them look like black eyed susans.  A coloring fanatic's work is never done!
 
 

4 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely coloring!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Very pretty!!

Late Blooming said...

I'm interested in the pens. Do you like them and is the learning curve very steep. Your coloring is really nice. Thanks.

Pattie J. said...

very beautiful. I have been looking at these new pens, and they seem wonderful for blending an coloring. Think we will see more of them. you did a super job. I am pencil lover,too. Do you like these pens as well as your pencils?