Thursday, March 15, 2018

IO Challenge- Pick a Holiday- Any Holiday


Greetings friends.  With the challenge this week, I have to admit it was hard for my to not make a Halloween card.  After all, they are my favorite cards to make.  However, IO has such cute new images and dies for Spring/Easter that I felt that I should use one of those.  I am impressed that I didn't end up making a Vampire Bunny card.

To make this card, I first started by making my own patterned paper.  I stamped the Gingham background onto light blue cardstock using blue ink.

Next, I stamped my bunny onto white cardstock using Black Memento ink.  I masked his legs so that I could stamp the grass on top of the bunny.  Once I removed my mask, I colored my bunny with Copic markers.  To finish the card, I added my sentiment with the same black Memento ink.

Here is a close up of the coloring:


Impression Obsession Items Used:
Cover a Card Gingham CC006 (How many times have I used this stamp?!)
Grass E16357
Bertha Bunny E19716
Hoppy Bunny C19670 (sentiment)

Don't forget to visit the other designers!

3 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Tee hee, what a cute bunny. Love how she's standing in all that grass. Lovely work.

Jan Elmore said...

Laura, your card made me grin upon seeing it. How cute is she?

lynda said...

Isn't this just THE cutest card! Love that bunny, and your coloring. Great work!