Thursday, March 1, 2018

IO Challenge- Clean and Simple


I love clean and simple cards, so I was really excited about this challenge.  For my card today, I decided to do away with any coloring or embellishments and went with a simple background and some stamping.

To make the card, I started with white cardstock and sponged it with yellow and green Distress Oxide inks (Fossilized Amber and Twisted Citron).  Next I stamped the grass with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink and added flowers from a new clear stamp set using black Distress Oxide ink.  As a final step, I added a sentiment with the same black ink.

That's it!  So simple.  Usually if you need a card for an occasion like this, you need it fast, so a clean and simple card works really well.  Here is a close up of the card:


Items used in the card:
Love and Prayers B13657
Grass E16357
Build a Garden WP834

Don't forget to visit the other designers and join the challenge!


1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

So very pretty. This is one awesome sympathy card. Would make a good card to make multiples of.