Thursday, October 5, 2017

IO Challenge- You're an Animal (Animal Cards)


Greetings friends.  I have been itching to get my hands on the new Baby Giraffe clear set (WP771), so this challenge came at the perfect time.  Another thing that made me happy about this challenge is that I stamped this background about a year ago using the Giraffe Cover a Card image and have been waiting to use it on a card.  I knew I was saving it for a reason! 

To make the card, I started by stamping the giraffe background onto light orange cardstock using dark amber ink (I think it was Colorbox Chalk Amber Clay).  Next, I cut out the giraffe and bow out of 140lb watercolor paper using the Baby Giraffe die set. I then used a stamp positioner to position the giraffe and bow stamps onto the corresponding dies.  Finally, I colored the images with some Zig Clean Color Brush markers.  Here is a close up of the giraffe:


Need more animal inspiration?  Don't forget to visit the other designers!

Chris Dayton
Chris Dayton

6 comments:

TLady said...

An ADORABLE image by Dina!!!! He just makes me SMILE!!! ;)WONDERFUL COLORING, Laura!!! SO CUTE!!!

Cathy said...

Love this giraffe image, he's so cute! Cathy x

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a great card ! This giraffe is really irresistible !

Karen Dunbrook said...

how adorable...this would cheer anyone up!!

Patt H. said...

This card is adorable! The giraffe is one of my favorite stamps!

Henry said...

I really like this gorgeous card!!! The giraffe image and the backgrounds are so beautiful!!!
Henry