Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Simple Coloring

I love to color, but let's face it, sometimes it can be a lot of work. When I don't have a lot of time, I like to cut some corners. Today I am posting a card with lots of blue and green elements. However, I didn't do a lot of the work. I started with a patterned paper from Memory Box that reminded me of grass with a hint of sky. I accentuated the grass by drawing my own hill in the foreground with a green Copic marker. Because the Copic is so translucent, it blended well with the background paper.

Next, I stamped a little bird by Hero Arts onto some white cardstock and colored him with two shades of blue markers. I made sure to color his belly two times so that it would look as if it were shaded and darker. The saying I added is also by Hero Arts and was colored with only one Copic marker. I went over some areas of the banner more than once and ended up with two shades of the same color. Cool! Of course, I just HAD to add some rhinestones to finish the card. Picasso had his blue period. I have my bling period.

Did I just compare myself to Picasso?

5 comments:

Penny said...

It's very sweet and my favourite colours too! I'm with you, I am in my bling period too...:)

Anonymous said...

Love the card! I need a lesson in bling....I'm always afraid I'll make a card look tackey. You always add just enough to make a card fun! Q

Michãel said...

The bling makes it. Great card.

Unknown said...

Every girl must have a "Bling" stage.

Arlene said...

Love the ease of using cardstock readymade for my background. Love the card. Love the card. Just enough bling. (Aka Clarian's Hawk on Flickr).