Saturday, July 12, 2008

Quick Card

Today I am posting one of my favorite "quick and easy" techniques. It is great when you need a card right away and don't have much time to stamp. To make this card, I stamped the three-rectangle frame (Sparkle and Sprinkle) onto white cardstock using black ink. I let the ink dry then put post it notes around the outside of the frame. I then used some very narrow removable tape and placed it along the sides of the center rectangle. The Post-Its and removable tape served as a very easy way to mask areas I didn't want ink to touch. I then used two shades of brown dye-based ink and stamped some shells by Impression Obsession over the masks as well as stippled some of the lighter brown ink around the shells. I removed the Post-Its and tape and was left with a card that looks harder than it actually was. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Michãel said...

It does look harder than you make it sound. Looks great.

Arlene said...

This may be quick and easy, but I love this type of card. And you did a great job.