Thursday, September 26, 2024

Memory Box with Simon Says Stamp

 

Greetings friends. You may or may not know that Simon Says Stamp is hosting a Stamptember event where they highlight a different company each day with special products and deals.

Today is celebrating Memory Box. I have been working with Memory Box for more years than I can count. I absolutely love Dave and Monica.

The special stamp set being released is called So Very Merry 3132ssc. It has cute Christmas characters and Nordic elements.

I decided to make a couple of ornaments instead of cards.

For the first card, I used a silver ornament blank I got at Michaels. It became my background and sky. I stamped the trees and Santa onto Copic XPress It paper with black Memento ink and then colored them with Copic markers. i cut everything out and then glued it onto the ornament. As a finishing touch, I added a sentiment from the set.

For my second ornament, I stamped my penguin onto a white ceramic ornament blank with black Versafine ink and then embossed him with black embossing powders. I colored him with Copic markers and added some highlights with a white gel pen.

Because I was using Copic markers, I first tried stamping the penguin with black Memento ink. It didn't work, so I switched to the Versafine and the embossing powder.

For the sky, I colored it with my B02 Copic marker. It looked really rough and streaky. I then dabbed the whole thing with a B00 marker, and it gave it a mottled/alcohol ink look that I liked better. As a finishing touch, I added some Stickles and fake snow under the penguin.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you are interested in the set, get it while it lasts. It is a limited edition set for Stamptember that won't be restocked when it is gone.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Laura

No comments: