Wednesday, May 15, 2024

IO Graduation Hop


Greetings friends. It is time for another theme, and this time the theme is "Graduation." If you would like to see a list of all the participating designers who are sharing graduation samples, you can find them in order on the Impression Obsession blog.

Here is the list of the designers on the hop:

Impression Obsession Blog
Robin Clendenning
Vicki Garrett
Angela Bode
Anna Wight
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Laura Fulcher
Laura Williams


 For my card today, I wanted to challenge myself to do something other than a cap, gown or diploma. I didn't want to give up the graduation year though because when I graduated, I had my "class of" number on everything.

I decided on my fortune cookie set for the card. I will even admit that I spent WAY too much time trying to decide which fortune in the set I wanted to use. After all, any graduate probably is more interested in the cash inside rather than the card design.

After I stamped and die cut my fortune cookie, I added a bit of shading with Copic markers. I then added a little slit in the side so I could slide a bit of the fortune inside the cookie.

For the background, I used some of the new Stars and Stripes paper.

 




Impression Obsession Items Used:

DIE1014 Fortune Cookie die

CL1043 Fortunes clear stamp set

PP059 Stars and Stripes paper

DIE1074 Big Numbers die

No comments: