Sunday, July 16, 2023

Day 2- July IO Release

Welcome to the July Release Hop!

July 15th & 16th The Impression Obsession Team will be sharing new projects with the NEW clear stamps, dies stencils and paper packs! You can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog each day through the event.

Two lucky customers who place an Impression Obsession order during July release week (July 15th – 23rd) will be chosen and will have a very special Impression Obsession prize package added to their orders!

Here is the list of the participating designers:

Impression Obsession Blog
Robin Clendenning
Vicki Garrett
Angela Bode
Anna Wight
Dina Kowal
Giovana Smith
Jeanne Streiff
Laura Fulcher
Laura Williams

Greetings friends. Is anyone in the mood for bee cards? I hope so, because I have three samples that use the new Just Bee-Cause clear set:

 

 

For my first card, I started with a brand new IO paper pack called Vintage Letters:

What I liked about the Vintage Letters papers is that I knew they would be good on their own or as a base layer to build up a different background. For the Just Bee-Cause card, I started with vintage paper, stamped the Honeycomb cover a card stamp on top with Versamark ink and then sponged chalk on top to give a vintage honeycomb look. 

To finish the card, I stamped my bees and sentiment in black Memento ink and colored the bees with Copic markers. Yellow rhinestones were then added for a finishing look.

For my second card, I made my own background paper using the Fizz Cover a Card stamp in IO Canary ink and the Confetti Dot Cover a Card stamp in IO black ink. I like creating my own backgrounds sometimes so that I can have the exact colors I want. I finished the card by adding a Copic colored bee.

For my final sample, I once again started with paper from the Vintage Letters paper pack. I first added the Grunge Cover a Card stamp, which added a brown, aged look to the sides of the card. I then once again stamped the Honeycomb Cover a Card stamp on top in black Memento ink. To give a bit of definition to the honeycomb, I colored the centers of the comb with a very pale yellow Copic marker and colored around the comb with a very pale orange marker.

To finish the card, I stamped the bee and flowers and cut out my sentiment to glue to the card.

Thanks so very much for stopping by today. I hope you were inspired!


Impression Obsession Items Used:

Just Bee-Cause
 
Happy Bee-lated
 
Buzzin By


 

1 comment:

Susan said...

I like the backgrounds you make. That set of vintage papers is great, and bees are always good!