Saturday, July 15, 2023

July Release Hop- Day 1


                                                    Welcome to the July Release Hop!

July 15th & 16th The Impression Obsession Team will be sharing new projects with the NEW clear stamps, dies stencils and paper packs! You can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog each day through the event.

Two lucky customers who place an Impression Obsession order during July release week (July 15th – 23rd) will be chosen and will have a very special Impression Obsession prize package added to their orders!

Here is the list of the participating designers:

Impression Obsession Blog
Robin Clendenning
Vicki Garrett
Angela Bode
Anna Wight
Dina Kowal
Giovana Smith
Jeanne Streiff
Laura Fulcher
Laura Williams

 


Greetings friends. For the first day of the July product release, I would like to share a couple of beach-themed cards. They both use the new Long Time No Sea clear set that looks like this:


I really love these designs for coloring! To make the first card, I stamped by bird and sand using black Memento ink. I colored everything with Copic markers and dotted my Copic markers under the bird to give an impression of sand. I added a sentiment from the set to a die cut speech bubble and popped it up with some foam tape.

One of the things I love about the new release are the papers. In particular, I love the cool and warm watercolor paper packs.

For my first card, I layered some of the cool watercolor paper in the background. I even used one of the pieces of paper and overstamped the watercolor paper with the Rolling Waves cover a card background and Navy ink.

This is what the Cool watercolor pack looks like:


Aren't the colors yummy?

For my second card, I once again colored by bird and sand using Copic markers. This time, however, I stamped a shell background in chocolate ink on top of paper from the Warm Watercolors paper pack. For both cards, I used Impression Obsession inks to stamp on the patterned paper. I have found that they dry nicely on the papers even though the papers have a coating to them. This is what the warm pack looks like:


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will stop by again tomorrow for more samples. Also, Don't forget about the amazing die sale over at IO!

 Click here to go to the sale


Impression Obsession Items Used:

Good Vibes
CL1240 Long Time No Sea clear set
PP049 Cool Watercolors paper pack

Long Time No Sea
CL1240 Long Time No Sea clear set
PP050 Warm Watercolors paper pack

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great sea shell background. I like that set a lot!