Monday, May 23, 2022

IO Theme Day- Square Cards


We have set aside a day to share some fun themed projects! This month’s theme is square cards!

Have fun checking out what our Designers have made today. Today's participants can be found on the Impression Obsession Blog.

Greetings friends. For today's square card theme, I decided to use stamps and dies from the May card kit. When I make a square card, I like to use a standard sized envelope so that postage won't be extra. One of the benefits of making a smaller square card that fits in an A2 envelope is that you can have some of the elements stick off the side of the card and it will still fit in the envelope.

For today's card, I stamped the flower and hummingbird onto kraft cardstock using black ink. When the ink was dry, I colored everything with Prismacolor pencils and then placed my images back in to my stamp positioner to restamp everything. It's nice that you can add the details back in to the color since the waxiness of the pencils makes the image lines harder to see.

I die cut my hummingbird and then popped him up onto the card using foam tape. The background frame has nine open windows to it, but I just glued my flower on top of the open windows and left the scalloped frame showing. I like to get more use out of my dies. Here is a close up:
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
Impression Obsession Items Used:

No comments: