Monday, November 15, 2021

IO- Release Favorites


 

Welcome to the Impression Obsession October Team Favorites Hop!
 
The Impression Obsession Designers are sharing their favorite projects from this month’s release today!
 
We will be giving away THREE Impression Obsession Grab Bags - so the more you comment through our Favorites Hop the more chances to win! Comments will be open until Tuesday Nov 23rd at 9pm CT. All winners will be announced on Wednesday November 24th on the Impression Obsession Blog.
 
Here is a list of the designers:
 

IO Stamps Blog
Dina Kowal
Giovana Smith
Ilina Crouse
Jeanne Streiff
Kia Gibson Clapper
Laura Fulcher
Laura Williams
Lee Ann Barrett
Angela Bode
Anna Wight

 

Greetings friends! Would it surprise you to know my favorite stamp from the new release is a Cover a Card background? I am so predictable.

I want to show you a couple of ways to use the new Rainbow Scales background. For the first card, I stamped it with green ink onto green cardstock and cut it out to look like decorative grass. My house was colored using Copic markers.

I shared a version of the penguin card with you before. This time I changed out the snowflake background and added the scales instead:

 

I paired the scales background with the new Letters Cover a Card background, which honestly, was a very close second for favorite of the new release. It is a great background for an artsy design.

The penguin was colored with Copic markers, and both the penguin and sentiment are from the same clear stamp set.





Impression Obsession Items Used:

Home Card:

CC432 Rainbow Scales

D21404 New Home

E21410 Cottage

Penguin Card:

CC432 Rainbow Scales

CC434 Letters

CL1097 Just Chillin' (clear stamp set)

17 comments:

Dee Earnshaw said...

loving both of your cards - the penguin card is so adorable

ionabunny said...

I like your scale hills. Fab ideas. Hugz

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Such wonderful cards! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: That house is so CUTE! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

MadeByMeghanK said...

Great backgrounds and I LOVE that little penguin and house!

Diana aka *Doodles* said...

I loved how you combined different stamps on your cards. The penguin one is my favorite.

Cynthia said...

I really like your hills, great way to use the stamp

Jo4Him said...

Oh my gosh, that penguin card is sooooo cute. Thanks for showing different ways to use the rainbow scales stamp. Thanks for sharing

Liz Williams said...

Terrific ideas for using these awesome Background stamps! IO makes the best ones!

sharon g said...

That's a cool background. It is reallllly versatile, too!

Becca Yahrling said...

Super cute cards! Love that darling penguin.

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love both of your cards! The penguin looks so elegant and your new home is so bright and cheery.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! Loving that cute penguin!

Bonnie58 said...

Beautiful. I love your penguin. Thanks

Sue D said...

Cute cards. I like how you used these background stamps.

Nitasha said...

Adorable cards! I love how you used the background stamps on the just chillin card! So neat!

Janis said...

Wonderful cards....super-cool backgrounds!!
I esp love the sweet little house card.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com