Monday, November 22, 2021

Impression Obsession Die Cut Days

 

We have set aside a day to share some fabulous new Impression Obsession die projects! Have fun checking out what our Designers have made today. Today's participants can be found on the Impression Obsession Blog.

Today I want to share two quick and easy seasonal cards using the same snowflake die. It is called Country Snowflake. I like it because it is a nice, solid die that gives you a more bold, graphic look. Sometimes snowflake dies can be really detailed and delicate. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but a solid snowflake is faster to adhere and can really show off a background well.

For the first card, I started with 140lb watercolor paper and let blue watercolor paint drip down the side of the card. I used water in a spray bottle to move the color around the paper. When the paint was dry, I added my snowflakes cut from light blue metallic cardstock and a sentiment stamped in dark blue ink.


For my second card, I made a slimline card using one of Impression Obsession's slimline stamps for the background. You ink up the solid part of the stamp, and it looks like you have a blue sky with snow falling. It is curved at the bottom so that it gives the impression of a snowbank. I added my sentiment in the same blue ink and then added my snowflakes and rhinestones. Quick!

Both of the cards are great for generic seasonal cards or could be adapted if you wanted to make Christmas cards.

Impression Obsession Items Used:

Watercolor Card:

DIE1123 Country Snowflake

CL1093 Country Christmas Sayings

3235LG Snowy Night  **I did notice that the Snowy Night stamp is also available in the flawed seconds section. These stamps have minor flaws to them. If you think you can work around the minor flaws, it is a good way to pick up a stamp at more than half off. Here is a link to the flawed seconds stamp

Snowbank Card:

DIE1123 Country Snowflake

CL971 Holiday Words

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snowflakes. Love the backgrounds!