Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Glitter Butterflies

IMG_0291
Today I am sharing one of the Memory Box cards I posted on the Outside the Box blog.  I was feeling the need for a bright sparkly card, so I thought the best way to do that was with a butterfly die and some glitter.

To make this card, I first cut out the Blissful Butterfly Border (98878) using white paper:

IMG_0287

Next, I colored the butterfly bodies with Copic markers and embossed the butterfly outline with some Versamark ink and some gold embossing powder:

IMG_0288

I ran the butterly bodies through a Xyron Sticker machine to make them sticky and then coated them with some Rock Candy Distress glitter.  Next, I glued the outline and the glittered butterfly bodies to some acetate:

IMG_0295

As you can see from the picture, I cut out a part of the front of my card and then glued the acetate strip in place so that you can see through the "window" to the inside of the card.  I posted a side view at the top of this post so that you could see how the acetate adds a little interest to the front of the card.

Here is one more pict to see what the card looks like when it is closed:

IMG_0290

To finish the card, I added a few pearls.


No comments: