Friday, February 21, 2014

Memory Box Dies and Stencils

Hi everyone.  Tomorrow is supposed to be around 60 degrees, so I am already starting to have dreams of Spring. 

For today's card, I am posting one of the cards we will be doing in my Memory Box Floral class on Sunday.  I thought the colors were nice and bright and a nice break from the dreary winter we have had.

To make the card, I created a background using watercolor paper, three colors of Gelatos, and a lot of water to blend.  Once the card was dry, I placed the new Memory Box Diamond stencil on top (88522) and added some texture with chalks.  For the flower, I cut out the new Perky Poppy die (98762) twice...once in black and once in orange.  I pieced the two cut outs together so that my outline would be black and the petals orange.  To add some extra color, I sponged some Rusty Hinge Distress Ink to the base of the petals.  As a finishing touch, I stamped the Just a Note Combo saying (B1852).

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: