Thursday, December 19, 2013

IO Quick and Simple Cards



I absolutely LOVE quick and easy cards, so I was really excited about this challenge. Today I decided to share three cards that vary in exactly how quick and easy they are.

The watermelon card would take about 10-15 minutes to make. I made the seeds using a daisy die and used the petals for the seeds. The longest part of this card is using the die cut machine and gluing the seeds onto the card. For the rest of the card, I used the Thanks a Melon saying (B11085) and one watermelon slice from a much larger watermelon stamp (Watermelon Slices F2338).


The second card would take about 5-10 minutes. It is just simple stamping with some Memento Luxe inks and a couple of solid stamps. To make the card,  I used a saying from the CL41 Thanks Sentiments set and the Daisy Print (D5007) flower.

And finally...a five minute card.  You can't get more simple than that!  I used the  Heartfelt Thanks (B3928) saying along with the Whimsical Heart Border (C6309).  To color the hearts, I added watercolor pencils to the outside edges of the card and softened it towards the center with a waterbrush.  To finish the card, I tied a neutral twine bow to one of the hearts.  No layers...just simple stamping.

Need more quick and simple inspiration? Visit the other designer blogs:
Laura Fulcher (you are here)

Want to play along? You can find all the information here, and you could even win a $25 IO gift certificate!


3 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

All of them are wonderful Laura! Simply fabulous cards!

Diane said...

Simply beautiful...have a Merry Christmas!!

Pattie J. said...

I like the How Thought of You. the best. love the colors, the image, and the script of thoughtful. beautiful