Wednesday, May 1, 2019

IO Summer Release- Day 3




Welcome to the Impression Obsession Summer Release Celebration!

The Impression Obsession Summer Stamp Release Celebration starts today! Each day (April 29th - May 1st ) you can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog (direct link to the Impression Obsession blog please) at 6am. Every single blog will have a $25 gift certificate to give away for the event - so the more you comment through our Release Celebration the more chances to win! All comments for all of the event days will be open until Sunday 7th at noon CT. All winner will be announced on Monday May 6th.
All of the new stamps are available now! You can find them all HERE 


Greetings friends.  Today there isn't much of a theme for my cards....perhaps blue?  Anyway, I wanted to share a couple of images that I really enjoyed coloring.

In the first card, I used the new Floral Cake Slice and stamped it onto 140lb watercolor paper with some black Versafine ink.  I then colored it with an assortment of Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a waterbrush.  Around the edges of the watercolor paper, I sponged it with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.  Here is a closeup:


For my second card, I used a new car image as well as one of the new license plate options.  I listed the other license plates at the bottom of my post in case you want to see all the options for creating a vanity plate::

I would like to point out that I used the same Cover a Card stamp I posted on Monday for the lemonade card.  Doesn't it look so different in blue?

For coloring the card, I stamped it in black Memento ink onto Copic XPress It paper and then colored it with an assortment of Copic markers:


All that remained was to use a sentiment from the Words for Art stamp set that was inked onto one of the latest banner dies.

Don't forget to visit the Impression Obsession blog to see the list of participating designers!

Impression Obsession Items Used:
Floral Ride D20721
CREATIVGRL A20736
Words for Art 3172-XL


Other license plates available:
STAMPIT A20733 
LVS2WINE A20734
LVS2SHOP A20735
 

26 comments:

Helen said...

Two delightful cards, Laura. Like the bits of flowers on each main image and the clever license plate. These are fun stamps. tfs

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my cuteness! I love both of your adorable cards! That cake looks yummy and the license plate on the card is great! Wish I could get a license plate like that for my car!

Kelsey Thomas said...

Awesome coloring!

char said...

Beautiful cards! The coloring is AWESOME!!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Cute cards! Your coloring is amazing! That cake looks good enough to eat!

Colorado Crafter said...

Love that new yummy cake stamp!!! It is perfect for this cake loving household!! LOL!!

sharon g said...

Mmmmm chocolate...so pretty.

Mary Holshouser said...

I'll be back with my fork.
The chocolate cake looks
delicious - great shading.
Fun license plate on the car.
great cards. thanks for
sharing.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

TLady said...

Your chocolate cake looks YUMMY, Laura!!! LOL You're making me HUNGRY! ;) LOVE this image! It could also be used for a Wedding Card too...... ;) I also LOVE that this little car has different license plates to use! SO CUTE, Laura!!! ;)

Ellie said...

I love the chocolate cake!! Looks delicious. Car card is fabulous!!

Donna Phelan said...

Cuuuuute car card, love the license palet! And that chocolate cake, gorgeous coloring, it looks soooo YUMMY!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two delightful cards. The cake looks so yummy and I love the car and that license plate.

MadeByMeghanK said...

That cake looks soooo yummy! And I love the way you colored the car!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards with pretty coloring! Really loving that cake slice... yum!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Cute card mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Vicki Sopcak said...

Both cards are great. I love the color combinations. Thank You for sharing

Becca Yahrling said...

I don't know which is prettier, the cake slice or the car! I love both images and both cards are very pretty!!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love both of your fab cards:)

Jeanne Beam said...

Wonderful cards. That cake looks good to eat.
Thanks for sharing...

Kelly Parker said...

Great cards, I love the cake stamp!!

Sue D said...

Sweet and cute cards. I like your coloring.

Kelly Kennedy said...

You at not have a theme but you made some terrific cards!

Anna said...

Another cake! Everyone is getting me hungry for sweets!!! Lovely card!

Jeanette said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie2cats said...

Beautiful cards, such skillful coloring

Lee Ann Barrett said...

FAbulous cards! Love, love, love the cake and I love how you use color.