Thursday, March 2, 2017

IO Challenge- Fun with Flowers


Greetings friends.  March is upon us, so a flower challenge is a really great idea.  Of course, I pretty much use flowers year-round on my cards since they can be used for any occasion.

For today's card, I used the Sierra Sunrise stamp F19458.  Dafodills seemed like a good choice because they have already come up in our yard.  To color the flowers, I stamped the image onto watercolor paper with black Versafine ink and then painted them with Zig Clean Color markers and a waterbrush.  The sentiment comes from the Spring Frames clear set WP733.   For the background, I used the Rocks Cover a Card background, stamped it in Versamark and rubbed it with various shades of PanPastels.

Need a bit more floral inspriation?  Don't forget to visit the other designers.


3 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

Oh I love all the bright colors you used on this card. Really brings the flowers to life!!

Beth Norman said...

Your colours are nice and bright--just the way I love it. This is an awesome stamp too.

Joan V said...

Awesome card. The flower section reminds me of stain glass work.