Thursday, July 28, 2016

IO Spotlight- Working With Pan Pastels


Hi everyone.  Today since I am in in IO spotlight, I thought I would share one of the stamps from the new Twinchie sets.  The stamps in the Twinchie sets are designed to work with Twinchie art boards so that you can easily add decorative elements to your cards, but you could also make magnets, add a nice element to a 3-D box, etc.  The designs also use realistic design elements from nature, so they work well for men or women.

For today's card, I used my favorite medium of late....Pan Pastels.  They are an artist quality chalk that are so easy to blend and allow you to make really quick and easy cards.  In the sample above,, I only used two colors of chalk to blend a gradient of color. Here is a close up:



Instructions:


Paper:
Kraft notecard
White cardstock scrap to stamp grasses
Black cardstock- 5 ½” x 2” and 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”
Orange cardstock – 5 ½” x 1 5/8”
Magenta cardstock- 5 ½” x 1 ¾”

Stamp:
Impression Obsession Twinchies 1- 3157 LG
Impression Obsession clear set CL584 Friends Collection


Ink:
Black Versafine
Versamark

Pan Pastels:
Magenta
Orange


Instructions:

  • ·         On white piece of cardstock, sponge the bottom of the paper with orange chalk and the top of the paper with magenta chalk.  Be sure to blend the two colors together where they meet to make a third color
  • ·         Stamp grass square on top of chalk background with black ink
  • ·         Cut out grass square and glue onto black backing
  • ·         Stamp sentiment onto orange cardstock
  • ·         Layer the pieces of the card
  • ·         Pop up grass image with foam tape

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty that it is hard to believe it is so simple. I haven't tried Pan Pastels but seeing this sure does make me want to! TFS

Unknown said...

This is so pretty that it is hard to believe it is so simple. I haven't tried Pan Pastels but seeing this sure does make me want to! TFS