Thursday, July 2, 2015

Christmas in July


Today I get to tease you a bit and share a card using an image that isn't available quite yet.  Impression Obsession will be having their Fall/Winter release soon, and this is one of the images.  It is called Tree Collage (L13383) and I will be using it in one of my upcoming Christmas classes. 


For the card, I let the image itself do most of the work.  It is highly detailed, so I used the Olympia Green Versafine to pick up of the elements of the image.  I colored the ornaments with colored pencils and then added a bunch of PanPastel chalk.  You can't see from the image, but I added some metallic gold chalk to the outside edges so that it would have a nice festive sheen.  The tree was very dark and uniform in color, so I went in with a really bright chatereuse green chalk and added it between the branches to give it more dimension and highlights.

Be on the lookout for new designs from Impression Obsession.  There will be a huge new release very, very soon! 

Don't forget to visit the other designers.  There might be another new release image (or two) to see:

 

2 comments:

Joan B said...

beautiful!

Pattie J. said...

thanks for inspiration, love this detailed image, and the accents on the tree. image says Merry Christmas.