Thursday, March 6, 2014

IO Challenge In the Garden



Hello everyone.  Today's challenge is all about gardens.  I am really dreaming of flowers and gardens, but it just doesn't seem as though Spring will ever get here.


Impression Obsession has several new herb and plant stamps that definitely scream "garden" to me.  There is rosemary, basil, and lavender as well as coordinating sayings (remembrance, blessings, devotion).  For my card, I chose the Rosemary Branch D9287 and Rosemary Remembrance saying B9288.  I thought it could work as a sympathy card that was a little different from the typical floral card, or you could just use the "rosemary" part of the saying to make some cute tags or labels.


To make the card, I stamped the rosemary branch onto kraft cardstock and colored it with Prismacolor pencils.  I must confess that I had to do a Google image search to see what color rosemary blooms are.  My guess was white, and I was a bit surprised to see that they are purple!  For the background, I stamped the Rose Typographie (F9285) image several times in brown ink.  That stamp is excellent for backgrounds or collage.


Need more garden inspiration?  Be sure to check out the other blogs:
Laura Fulcher - you are here
Vicki Garrett

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Very pretty, Love the colors. After all the snow many have had, this is just what we need. TFS Jess

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said...
Very pretty card. I love this stamp and I dont even like Rosemary lol.

Ellen Taylor said...

Very pretty Laura! Love the pop of color!

Pattie J. said...

simply beautiful, herbs can be such a beautiful garden with their flowers and gorgeous fragrances. love it.

Unknown said...

This is so soft & pretty. Beautiful background. Thanks!