Sunday, March 9, 2014

Cherry Blossoms


I can't begin to tell you how glad I was for the weather we had this weekend!  I am really ready for Spring and more time outside!

I live in the DC area, so I definitely associate Spring with cherry blossoms.  I am teaching a cherry blossom card class twice this month, and I thought I would share a couple of cards from the class.

The card posted above uses a cherry blossom embossing folder from Darice, a cherry blossom stamp from Hot off the Press, and a saying from Impression Obsession.  I colored the flowers and leaves with watercolor pencils.  Once again, I had to do an image search for cherry blossoms and saw some pink blossoms had dark pink centers, and some had a yellowish center.  I went for the dark pink


For the second card, I used the Sakura image from Poppystamps and a saying from Impression Obsession.  I stamped my image in pink Versamagic onto heavyweight vellum and then colored the images from behind using a pink Copic marker.

I hope everyone had a wonderful, sunny weekend!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

I just love love LOVE these cherry blossom cards! Hoping I'll be able to make it to the encore class!