Today is day four of the Blog Hop and has the added theme of "Fly Away." I thought it was the perfect opportunity to show you the brand new Bird Line (G13030) image. I really like to work with solid images because they give you all kinds of technique opportunities. For my card today, I stamped the birds onto some patterned paper from the Basic Grey Plumeria line. I embossed them with clear embossing powder and then let them cool completely. I then added some Peacock Feathers and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks on top of the patterned paper so that it covered up a lot of the plaid. The embossed birds resisted the ink and allowed the plaid to show through. When I spritzed the paper with some Gold Shimmer Spritz (Colorbox), it added a metallic sheen to the paper. Here is a close-up of the metallic quality of the card:
In my final picture, I wanted to show you how much patterned paper changes when you add ink on top of it. You really can get a lot of looks out of one piece of paper depending on the inks you choose:
- A Gift Certificate Drawing will be held every day and an extra one on Friday.
- To be eligible to win each day leave a comment on the blog for each participating DT member.
- Posts are closed for each day at 10 p.m., EST, for that day's drawing.
- The winners will be announced in the post for the next day.
- To be eligible to win on the extra drawing Friday you must have commented on each DT blog participating on each day (Monday through Friday). Posts closed at 10 p.m.. EST
- (You can go back and catch up on comments to be eligible for the 5 day drawing on Friday.)
If at any point during the week you get confused, just visit the Impression Obsession blog. Shirley will help keep you on track and will answer any of your questions. Good luck!