Thursday, August 18, 2011

IO- Hostess Gift Challenge

Time for something other than a card. The theme this IO challenge is to make a hostess gift. Instead of making a gift, I decorated my gift of wine with a tag. Wine makes such a great gift! Of course, I didn't realize that I was out of tissue paper until I was ready to take the photo. I think it would look much better wrapped with the tag on top. I also wouldn't give the hostess an already opened bottle of wine. :)

For my tag, I stamped a saying from the CL41 Thanks Sentiments clear set and then stamped the grapes (A2112) all around the saying. I colored the grapes with watercolor pencils, blended them with a Dove Blender pen, and sponged purple ink around the edges. I then stamped the wine bottle (D2113) onto scrap paper, colored it with watercolor pencils, sponged around the edges, cut it out, and popped it up onto the tag with foam tape. To finish the project, I colored my natural raffia with a purple Copic marker to match the tag.

Want more hostess gift ideas? Check out what Daniela, Deborah, Dina, Jeanne, Julie, and Kathy, created.

Want to play along? You can find all of the information here, and you could even win a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate!



2 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Great idea! Love this!

Shannon White said...

What a fantastic Idea Miss Laura! Love it! Anyone would be thrilled to receive a nice bottle of wine with a lovely tag like this! 8-) Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)