Monday, June 7, 2010

Moxie Fab Fabric Challenge

The latest Moxie Fab challenge is to make a card using fabric. I don't have much experience working with fabric, so I knew my project would involve fabric and tape rather than sewing. I took some cream silk, stamped it with an Impression Obsession Cover a Card background and some black Versafine ink. I then taped the silk over a rectangular shaped chipboard piece that had batting on top of it. The end result was a really soft "pillow" for the card. Here is a side view:

To finish the card, I stamped the same background onto white paper using grey ink and added some ribbon, flowers, and pearls. After I finished the card, I realized that the softness of the card would be great for baby showers. Of course, I would switch to a different color palette!

3 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Love how this turned out! Gorgeous effect! Beautiful card!

Cath said...

Hey Laura! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

Tomo H. said...

So beautiful! Love how you put the fabric on this card!- very inspirational, Laura! :)