Friday, May 1, 2009

Taylored Expression Challenge


I'm trying to get caught up on some birthday cards and thought I might as well make a card that was also a challenge card. Today's card follows the sketch provided at Taylored Expressions and uses Basic Grey's Lime Rickey papers. I just love the bright colors in this collection!

I colored the Hero Arts cupcakes with Copic markers and then covered the "frosting" with some Stickles for sparkle. I added a saying from Impression Obsession and some red jewels from Memory Box to finish the card.

Here is a close up of the sparkle:

Here is the sketch that I was following:

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Wow Laura, your card turned out awesome! I did one too, getting ready to post it now. Love how you added the cupcakes at the top corner. I couldn't get past the buttons since that's what the other cards had on them.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful colors!! An unexpected layout...but that's the fun of a challenge! Q

Arlene said...

I really like your interpretation of the layout. It's a super fun card and great for anyone's birthday regardless of age.

Meli Mitchell said...

I love these papers! My daughter and I are checking your blog out together and she wanted me to tell you that she loves the cupcakes :o)

Debbie Seyer said...

Laura,

This is super cute! I love those Lime Rickey papers. I got a sample at the CKC-St. Louis!!

Great job!

Debbie

Diana said...

What a fun birthday card!

broni (waterchild12) said...

Now that's just too cute. Love the bright colors and the fact that you used the cupcakes for the circles! Cool!

Shirley said...

Now that's a really pretty and fun card too!