Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sneak Preview

I felt in the mood to post some flowers today. It is the middle of January, and I am already starting to think about spring. I have also been dying to show you some of the designs by Sarah Phelps, who is the latest stamp designer for Impression Obsession. Mitra, the owner of Impression Obsession, gave us the go-ahead to start posting some sneak peeks of the latest images, so I jumped at the chance. If you like Sarah's flowers, wait till you get to see her bunnies and chicks....so cute! But, that will have to wait for another post.

To make this card, I stamped the flowers onto some white paper using black Memento ink. I punched the circle out using a Marvy Giga punch and then layered it onto paper cut by the new Marvy Extra Giga Scallop Circle punch. What a mouthful! I colored the flowers with Copic markers and added a little of the C1 Cool Grey between each of the flowers for some shading. When I picked colors for my flowers, I first chose some patterned paper by Basic Grey and then looked for markers I had that matched the colors of the paper. I find that working this way is often easier than coloring and then trying to find paper that will match. I finished the by stamping "For You" in green ink next to the flowers. Using a generic saying is often a good idea because now I can use this card as an "emergency" card for many different occassions.

Thinking warm thoughts of spring,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, Laura. Amazing how it just fits perfect in that circle punch! Well done.