Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fungus Among Us

I'll just admit it. I love puns. I can't help myself. When I saw this new mushroom set from Hero Arts, I immediately thought I wanted to experiment with the "fun guy/ fungi" play on words. Don't worry, I know it is a bad pun. I am not proud.

To make this card, I used some of my Basic Grey Archaic paper and then picked some Copic markers that would match. I really wanted to make a card that would use browns, greens, and oranges because the colors are masculine and perfect for mushrooms. I added plenty of layers of paper because the Hero Arts challenge last week was layers and I wanted to try and add as many as I could.

Guess what?! My new Memory Box blog has launched!!! I am very excited. I named it "Color Whimsy," and you can check it out here. I posted the birthday card I made the other day, so the card will look familiar. I will be updating the site later today with a brand new card now that I am more comfortable working in Typepad.

I hope you like the new site,

5 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Laura, This card is perfect! Love the 70's looking colors and your coloring on the images is perfect as always!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad you started your blog for Dave. Other than by going from your website, how do you get there? I didn't see a place to click onto your Color Whimsy on the Memory Box site.

Anonymous said...

Very 70s! I remember tole painting mushrooms back then... (Does that date me?)

Fun card! Of course I love the pun! Q

Linda Crowder said...

I love mushrooms! (no not that kind! lol) I loved painting them back in my TOLE days! Way back! I really love the colors in this card. It is dynamite. If you ever need to give it a home, I will give you my addy!!! Truly. I have a few dollars too! Seriously, I love it a lot! Linda Crowder

Vicki G said...

So pretty Laura. happy New Year!