Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Guest Artist

I just LOVE posting cards made by my friends. For today's card, I am posting one by my friend Harriett. She rocks! Not only is Hare a great stamper, but you wouldn't believe the things she can make with her sewing machine. Thanks to her I have embroidered towels, a fleece blanket with my initial, and a Washington Nationals bag with emblem and plastic pockets. Honestly, who can sew plastic?!

To make the card above, Hare used images by Prickly Pear. The sewing theme is just perfect considering the source. The sewing machine was black embossed onto cream paper and then trimmed around the edges. She then added some yellow marker to accent certain parts as well as added a real scrap of fabric under the needle. Perfect! Thanks Hare for letting me share your card.

I am still busy trying to get Christmas ready. I finished everything that needed to get mailed, so that is good. Now I just have to finish the rest of my shopping/gift making/baking. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

It's gorgeous! Love the added touch of the fabric piece.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Sewers (like your aunts) would love one! Q

Chrisi said...

OK that's a FANTASTIC card. We know some seriously talented peoples!