Monday, December 15, 2008

Color Challenge

As many of you know, I enjoy participating in Hero Arts' weekly challenges. I like them because they help me be more productive, and I find it easier to have a starting point when making cards. Sometimes they ask for themed projects or a particular style or layout. Last week the challenge was to come up with cards using colors as inspiration. Each day had a different combination to consider. I went with Monday's combination and made two thank you cards. Here is the swatch of colors from Monday:

I found it harder than expected to include all five colors. Fun, but hard. For both cards, I used one of the brand new Hero Arts sets called "CL304 A Million Thanks." I suppose I didn't need a new set to be inspired, but it never hurts.

For the card above, I stamped a saying from the HA set onto cream paper using Chestnut Colorbox ink. I surrounded it with a Sassafraslass frame which was stamped in blue Versafine ink. The flowers and leaves were stamped onto cream paper using black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. I cut out the flower and leaves and added them to the card. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the flower is popped up with some foam-mount tape. The background paper is by October Afternoon. I thought it went really well with the color combination. In fact, I think it looks like it IS the color combination in stripe form.

For the second card, I stamped the flower image onto cream paper using black Memento ink and colored it with Copic markers. I then added a saying with blue Versafine, some brown brads, and some more paper from October Afternoon. I don't think it hurts to have extra thank you cards this time of year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done you! Couldn't believe you found that paper that matches perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You're a winner again!