Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dancing Chicken

I am posting today's card mainly because I want to ask for help identifying the dancing chicken in the center. I bought a set of unmounted dancing chickens (yes, I needed a whole set) at a stamp convention around '96. At that time, I didn't realize the value of keeping track of stamp companies. Now I would like to know who makes the set. Any ideas? The other chickens look like this one except they are in different dance positions.

To make this card, I stamped a whimsical stage by Rubbermoon onto cream cardstock and colored it with colored pencils. I then cut it out and glued it onto some silver metallic paper. It is hard to tell from the picture, but I used an exacto knife to cut out the center of the stage. The chicken is actually on the inside of the card.

Hope someone knows the stamp credits. It is driving me nuts!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

That chicken is tooo cute- if you find out who made it, I might have to get a set of them! I am the worlds worst at keeping track of stamp companies also- I have cases that I wish I knew who made them. Good luck finding the maker.

Anonymous said...

Love the card! Nothing says classy like a dancing chicken! :) Hope someone knows the origin of the stamp. It's a company worth remembering. Q

Anonymous said...

Can you make a company admit to making dancing chicken stamps? ;)

GiftsByHeidi said...

Sorry can't help you with the stamp credits, but wanted to say I love it, very cute card!

Shirley said...

Laura, she is priceless. How cute and your colors are perfect!

Michãel said...

I think I remember you buying these-- but I can't remember either. It wasn't Claudia Rose was it?

glitter girl said...

Seriously? You have dancing chickens snd you've been holding out? Wow. And I thought we were friends.