Monday, September 15, 2008

Christmas Ornaments

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..." Okay, not really. It is in the 80's today and sunny. But, it is starting to dawn on me that I need to get a move-on with my Christmas cards. How did it get to be the middle of September already? Yikes!

For today's card, I used one of my latest Impression Obsession images. Yes, the card is made using only one stamp! I colored the image using a couple shades of green Copic markers as well as my R17 (Lipstick Orange) and Y17 (Golden Yellow) markers. I don't usually post the particular colors I use because I don't want people to think they have to get the same exact colors that I have. I mean, who doesn't already have a red and yellow marker in their supply arsenal? However, I posted the red and yellow colors I used to point out that if you are using Copic markers and you want to pick colors that will work well with each other across color families, picking shades that have similar numbers is quite effective. For this card, I had markers with the same exact number (17), but they don't have to be that precise. It is just a good rule of thumb to help you pick out colors to go together.

The red ornament looks as if I used two shades of red. However, it is the same red marker. I just added a second layer of color in places to look as if there was more than one color used.

Here is a close up of one of the ornaments to show you that I coated the balls with Diamond Glaze to make them look like glass. I also added my own ribbons and bows to finish the card. I kept trying to add a saying to the front of the card, but I could never make it look quite right. Never mind. There was plenty of room on the inside!

**Special announcement. The IO guest designers have been chosen, and the first designer will be Dina Kowal. Congratulations Dina! Her coloring skills are simply amazing. Here is a statement from IO:
We had no idea when we posted the call for the Impression Obsession Guest Designer position that we would be flooded with talent from literally all over the world! We recieved 85 applications from amazing stampers making the choice very difficult! We wish we could have chosen all 85.

After getting the entire Design Team involved and into the mix of judging, one name floated to the top time and time again. That's why we are happy to announce Dina Kowal is our very first Impression Obsession Guest Designer!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Laura! I love how the diamond glaze looks on the ornament! Great work!

And thanks for the well-wishes! They are appreciated! :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice use of bows! Great card! -Ty Webb

Laura said...

When I said you should sign your name to posts Clint, I didn't mean with Caddyshack references. Brothers...sheesh! That being said, it did make me smile.

Penny said...

Very lovely shiny baubles! :)

glitter girl said...

its almost like candy. i want to lick it.