Saturday, July 5, 2008

Gouda Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful fourth. I myself had a pretty quiet day. I took some craft supplies to a friend's house, but never took them out of the bag. Instead, we watched some baseball, joined her family for barbecue, and watched some fireworks on tv. It isn't the same as live fireworks, but it was rainy and cloudy here. One day I would like to see the fireworks at the National Mall. How amazing would that be? However, I am still holding out for meeting someone with an office that overlooks the monuments with air conditioning, a bathroom, and no crowds. Hey, it could happen!

Today's card is one I made for a My Favorite Things challenge on Splitcoast. I have decided that I am more productive when I participate in challenges. It really gets me going! This challenge was to make a birthday card using MFT stamps. To start, I stamped out my mouse image in Memento black ink. The image itself is of a mouse inside a frame. I cut away the frame so that I was just left with a mouse. I then stamped a million cheese images (if I had to guess a number) and colored them with Copic markers. I was going to mask the images, but it was taking too long. It was actually faster to cut them out and pile them up. They were really easy and fast to cut. Plus, it gave me something to do while watching the Olympic trials. I am a BIG Olympic junky and can't wait till they start. To finish the card, I layered it onto some paper by My Mind's Eye and added my phrase to the front. The hat that is on top of the mouse's head is from a different MFT set. I had to use it though because it wouldn't have been a party without a party hat!

And now for a little teaser... On August 2nd, we will be having our anniversary celebration at Angela's. I am in charge of one of the make and take projects during the morning session. I will be teaching people how to make a card using paper piercing, punches, and a stamp line that is new to the store. Angela doesn't want my card online right now, so I thought I would give you a sneak peek of the project. Here it is:


Now, doesn't that just make you anxious to sign up? :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

What a great cardjust love thepile of cheese.

Chrisi said...

It's EVEN cuter than you explained on the phone. LOVE IT.

Elena said...

Love the fun card. I wish I knew if we'd be back in town for the anniversary party...I'd love to see a paper piercer in action!

Unknown said...

What a cheesy card! Just kidding...trying to be "punny".