Friday, March 28, 2008

Last Grungeboard Post


Today I am concluding my series of guest artist grungeboard cards/projects. The Cutie Pie tag was created by my friend Chrisi and features multiple levels of grungeboard. The tag and female image were made using grungeboard. I wish I could add a tactile element to my blog because her final piece feels so smooth and soft. The tag itself was run through her Cuttlebug using a swirl embossing plate, and the paper "L" was run through with an alphabet die. Chrisi said it took some finagling to get the parts through the Cuttlebug, but it is possible with some trial and error. She edged the spirals with Tea Dye Distress ink so that they would stand out and colored the "L" with black Versafine before attaching it to the tag. The image by Catslife Press was stamped onto the grungeboard and then cut out and layered on the tag. To finish the project, Chrisi embellished it with some ribbon, wrapped wire, and some brads. Nice!


The second card was made by my friend Deedee aka "the crafting goddess of New Mexico." She makes me call her that, but it is no less true. I am not just humoring her so that I have a place to stay during my next NM visit. Did I mention she has a pool?

Anyway, back to the project. Deedee used the swirl grundgeboard (it comes that way), cut out a heart, and inked it with red Colorbox Chalk ink. She sponged the ink lightly so that it wouldn't cover the entire surface. By doing that, some of the original tan color of the grungeboard showed through. She layered the heart it onto some patterned papers and added a ribbon for interest. She finished the card by adding a saying made by Inkadinkado.

Thank you guys for giving me such fabulous cards and for allowing me to post them on my blog. I am so lucky to have you as crafting influences in my life.

Oh! I almost forgot. I know that a lot of you who read my blog shop at Angela's. If you haven't been following the store blog this weekend, be sure to check it out. She, Marilynn, and Hare are at the Sue Gilman show and are posting segments about the classes they are taking, products they are buying, etc. I have become addicted to checking out what they are doing. Without me. But I am not bitter. :)

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Love them both, the textures are so cool.

~*~Patty S said...

It's lovely seeing the grungeboard in action, both creations are so nice!