Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Finally Fall?

Well, my new box of stuff from Impression Obsession arrived, and it is loaded with goodies! I pulled out all of the items and spent a couple of days just looking at it. Where or where to start? I decided on "fall" because that is my favorite season to stamp. If only we had crisp autumn air to accompany my stamping mood!
I am including a fall card that uses a stamp from Rubbermoon. The new IO stamps haven't technically been unveiled yet, so I can't post them. The card on the left was made using Prismacolor pencils. When coloring with "waxy" pencils, many people like to use a form of turpentine to blend the colors. It makes for a faster coloring process, but I think it dulls the color a bit. Plus, it can occasionally wear down the paper surface. I prefer to use a lighter color pencil to blend the others or even a dry blending pencil to soften what I have colored. The process takes longer, but I prefer the results.

No comments: