Monday, May 28, 2007

Finding Inspiration


















The good news is that I once again have a computer at home that I can use. Woohoo! I have my new BFF Jim to thank for fixing everything and updating my computer so that it is better than ever.

I have been thinking a lot about inspiration lately. Perhaps part of it is joining a design team and knowing that I will have to design some projects on demand. Perhaps another part of it is the need to design new classes for the summer. In any case, it all boils down to the quest for inspiration!

The first box that is to arrive from Impression Obsession will have Christmas items in it. I believe I will have to crank up the AC and turn on some Christmas music to help get in the correct mood. Humm.... perhaps Christmas cookies? For my upcoming "Summertime Blues" class, I took some inspiration from the irises that are growing in the front yard. They are gorgeous! I am including a picture of some of the flowers in the yard as well as well as the resulting "inspired" card. The card I designed is obviously "bluer" than the original, but the theme is "inspiration" and not "copying!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful iris.....beautiful card! My iris aren't doing very well, so maybe I can get inspried by yours. Think I have some Penny Black stickers with iris. :) Q

Penny said...

Very simple and pretty card. Always nice to know the story and inspiration behind a creation!