Monday, June 24, 2024

IO June Favorites


Greetings friends. Today the IO team is sharing some of their favorite items from the June release. If you would like to see a full list of participating designers, you can find it on the Impression Obsession blog.

Today I am sharing two cards using my favorite die of the June release- the Sitting Dog Silhouette. Of course, you can make your cut out dog any color you want, but I will forever make it into a black lab in honor of our late dog Midnight. He was a wonderful tripod black lab that brought so much joy into the world.

This is what the die itself looks like:


 My first card was made with my mom in mind. After all, we both share the love of black labs and coffee. I started with a background I watercolored with blue and green to give the impression of a landscape. I then cut out the dog using dark gray cardstock and shaded it with black ink. I was taught when coloring black items to start with dark grays and to possibly add a smidge of black so that you can get a bit of dimension. Coloring everything with a solid black is often too dark.

I used a sentiment and mug for the Let's Chat clear stamp sent and added a paw print to the mug using a stamp from the new Talk to the Paw clear stamp set.


My second card was made with my brother in mind. He is my younger brother, so normally I wouldn't tell him how pawsome he is. However, it was for his birthday, and I was feeling generous. This time, I cut the dog out of patterned paper from the Dog Prints paper pack and then sponged it with black ink. I added more paper from the pack to the card as well as a giant paw. To finish the card, I added a heart to the paw.

Thanks so much for checking out my cards today and for letting me talk to you about Midnight:


Impression Obsession Items Used:

Dog and Coffee

Pawsome

DIE1298 Large Paw


No comments: