Monday, March 20, 2023

Theme Day- In the Garden


Greetings friends. It is time for another Impression Obsession theme day, and this time the theme is "In the Garden." The IO March release has a lot of great gardening stamps, dies and papers with a garden images, so the theme is quite timely.

If you would like to see all of the participating designers, you can find the list over on the Impression Obsession blog.

 

Today I wanted to share two cards that use then new clear set called Garden Smiles. I love all of the fun gardening quotes. There is sure to be a little something for everyone:

 

The first card makes me laugh, and it would hopefully make any recipient going through a hard time laugh as well. The plants were colored with Copic markers and the background pattern is one of the newest Cover a Card designs.

The second card uses some of the more realistic looking patterned paper for the grassy background. I haven't shown you the Spring Scenes paper pack yet. This is what it looks like:

 

The Spring Scenes paper pack is a great way to make a quick card if you just want to stamp a sentiment onto the top. The paper is slightly glossy, so be sure to use an ink that will dry. I use the Impression Obsession inks, but you could also use Staz On or emboss the image so it won't smudge.

For my second card, I once again used Copic markers. I stamped the plants onto my grassy paper as well as a scrap of white cardstock. I colored the plants on the white cardstock, cut them out and then glued them to the plants that were stamped on the grassy paper.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Impression Obsession Items Used:

Compost Happens
PP030 Welcome Spring paper pack (light green behind the stamped image)
 
 
Grow Girl!
PP024 Spring Scenes paper pack (realistic grass paper)
PP030 Welcome Spring paper pack (light green patterned paper)
DIE798-Y Stitched Tag


1 comment:

Susan said...

Two great cards. I keep looking at that background stamp in the first card, and think I need that one.