Monday, December 12, 2022

IO Product Focus- Cover a Card

 



 Greetings friends. Today the IO team is focusing on Cover a Card backgrounds, and I have three cards to show you.

The first card with the leaves/hello is just a way to show how you can try out inking techniques with your backgrounds. I took watercolor paper, added watercolor powders and water, then laid my Dancing Leaves background on top of the paints and let everything dry. Solid backgrounds work better for this technique because pattern is easier to see on the finished product. Tiny lines sometimes get lost.

My second card is a spin off of the last post I made. This time I made a simple Cover a Card background using Candy Cane stripes and layered it under my die cut Santa. I have also used this stamp using black and orange watercolor markers, so you can do more with it that make traditional peppermint stripes. I think it would look great in browns for a masculine card, but I haven't tried that yet.

For my last card, I used the Clouds Cover a Card directly on a light blue card for the background. I love how realistic these clouds look. The top layer is actually a different cloud stamp called Cloudy Sky. I thought the two paired well together. I always like to have a sympathy card on hand, and this is my favorite IO sentiment for those cards:

How do you like to use your background stamps?

Impression Obsession Items Used:

Card 1
Hello die 809G
 
 
Card 2
St. Nick die DIE900YY 
Small Tags DIE965Y
 
 
Card 3
Cloudy Sky 3232LG



3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow on all of them, but I really like that first one. I'm never that creative. =)

Carol Wortman said...

I'd like to see a video on that inky thing.

Joan V said...

I love all those cards! Wow, the clouds look so realistic!