Monday, December 5, 2022

2022 Holiday Hop- Day 1

                                            Welcome to the 2022 Holiday Blog Hop!
 
December 5th– 8th The IO Team will be sharing Holiday projects!! You can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog each day through the event.
 
We will be giving away THREE Impression Obsession $25 gift certificates for the event so the more you comment through our Holiday Hop the more chances to win!
 
All comments for each of the event days will be open until Tuesday December 13th at 8pm CT.
 
All winners will be announced on Wednesday December 14th on the Impression Obsession Blog.

 

Greetings friends. Today I am sharing two holiday projects that are not cards. They work really well if you need affordable and quick and easy gifts this season or even if you want to decorate your own home. For both ornaments, I started with cheap blank disks from Michaels to decorate.

For the first ornament, I cut out a round piece from the Impression Obsession Winter Scenes paper pack. That 6" x 6" pack has tons of beautiful winter scenes that work really well on their own. I added a round disk of sticky tape over the paper and then sprinkled it with transparent microfine glitter. The glitter gave the paper a frosty and sparkly look. To finish the ornament, I added my sentiment cut from glitter paper as well as a red ribbon.

For my second ornament, I die cut my three layers of poinsettia from the Large Poinsettia die set. I edged all of the petals with Distress Ink for a little bit of dimension. Poinsettias have the same shaped leaves for the leaves as well as the petals, so I used the same die with green and red/pink paper to create my flower. To finish the ornament, I added sparkly gold rhinestones to the center.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Impression Obsession Items Used:

Winter Scenes 6" x 6" paper pack PP003

Joy die DIE883G

Large Poinsettia Set die DIE323Z



14 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Your ornaments are so sweet! What a great idea for small gifts!! I love them.

Geri S said...

Beautiful ornaments! I have been in love with the paper packs and wish I had them all. Great ideas, thanks!

Vivian C. said...

Fabulous ornaments! The glitter transforms the beautiful paper to give a subtle background for the joy to really pop. The shading on the poinsettia is lovely.

Carol Wortman said...

Very pretty tags. Geez I never noticed the poinsettia leaves and petals were the same until you mentioned it. You're absolutely correct, geez where have I been, ha. Unlike some I do like glitter and the frost over those fabulous papers is beautiful!

V. K. said...

A new technique for me with the microfine glitter and the effect is beautiful. The poinsettia tag is so pretty.

MadeByMeghanK said...

Oooo these ornaments are sooooo beautiful!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful ornaments! I love the frosty trees and the pretty poinsettia!

kReN said...

Love your ornaments. They will look lovely on anyone's tree. kReN@afourthlife

Glennis F said...

This is a really cool idea, love the frosty look of the first one

Joan V said...

Beautiful ornaments! I never thought of that microfine transparent glitter! Thanks for the tip!

Mary Holshouser said...

The ornaments are fabulous.
Love the misty look of the
first. thanks for sharing

sharon g said...

How pretty these are. I especially like the first one. It's dreamy!

Jeanne Beam said...

Beautiful ornaments! So creative.
Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Very pretty ornaments.