Monday, June 27, 2022

IO June Kit

 

Greetings friends. As June is ending, it is time to show yet another card that you can make using the Limited Edition June Rubber Stamp Kit. The other designers will also be posting samples, so be sure to check out the Impression Obsession Blog for a full list of designers and links.

For my card, I started by first creating my own background. I used two different Cover a Card backgrounds layered on top of each other using two colors of ink to create my "patterned paper." One of them is a surprise design. If you haven't already guessed, I first stamped my Giraffe background onto white cardstock using the light Periwinkle Impression Obsession ink. I find that the giraffe spots make for a fantastic first layer of spots. You don't have to save that stamp for safari designs! Next, I layered a shell background on top using Lapis ink. Here is a close up of the two patterns:


For the top of the card, I stamped my bird onto white cardstock, colored him with colored pencils, cut him out and then layered him behind a strip of the wavy cover a card background. To finish the card, I added a sentiment from one of the new ocean-themed clear sets.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Impression Obsession Items Used:

No comments: