Monday, June 20, 2022

Impression Obsession Theme Day- A Day at the Beach


We have set aside a day to share some fun themed projects! This month’s theme is "At the Beach"!

Have fun checking out what our Designers have made today. Today's participants can be found on the Impression Obsession Blog.

Greetings friends. For today's beach card, I used some watercolor paints and a Cover A Card background to create my own background paper and then created a foreground consisting of chalks and beach-themed dies.

To make the background, I started with 140lb watercolor paper and sprayed it with some Distress Ink Sprays and a little water. I let everything dry really well and then stamped it with my beach background stamp and blue ink.

For the beach scene, I first stamped the water area in dark blue ink and then colored the sky, water and sand with various chalks. To finish the scene, I added my die cut chair and popped up the cloud and sun with foam tape.

Here is a close up:


 

The water stamp I used is from a clear set that is being discontinued, so if it is something you are interested in, get it before it is gone. It is also on sale for 50% off.




Impression Obsession Items Used:

CC316 Mini Beach Print

DIE177K Beach Chairs 

DIE819N Stitched Clouds

DIE817V Big and Little Suns 

WP869 Floral Flamingo (50% off till they are gone)



No comments: