Tuesday, April 5, 2022

IO Sale Hop- Day 2

                         
                                Welcome to the Impression Obsession On Sale Now Hop!
 
Each day, April 4th & 5th you can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog
We will be giving away THREE Impression Obsession Grab Bags for this hop - so the more you comment through our On Sale Now Hop the more chances to win! Comments will be open until Tuesday, April 12th at 8pm CT. All winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 13th on the Impression Obsession Blog.
 
Effective April 30, 2022, Impression Obsession will no longer produce red rubber single stamps.
The final day to order red rubber single stamps (except Cover-a-Card background stamps, our popular Slimline stamp select rubber sets) is 4/30/22 midnight EST. Look for new Clear stamp sets, dies and other new exciting products from Impression Obsession coming soon!
 
We are having a 20% off sale sitewide that extends through all of April. This includes all the already discounted Clear sets as well. Get those stamps you've wanted forever off your wish lists at a discount!
Be sure to enter code 2022 at checkout to save! Sale ends at midnight EST on 4/30/22 *Wholesale orders excluded
 
Here is a list of the participating designers:

IO Stamps Blog
Laura Fulcher
Laura Williams
Susan Wymer
Angela Bode
Anna Wight
Dina Kowal
Giovana Smith
Jeanne Streiff


 Greetings friends. Today I want to talk about the Stamp/Die Duos that are being discontinued. These are some of my favorite Impression Obsession items, but I am afraid people don't know how to use them. Therefore, I thought I would give you a little tutorial. I used the birthday candles for a quick and easy card, but I am also going to show you what the candy corn and keys look like when they are stamped and cut.

Most coordinated stamps and dies need a stamp positioner to get them to line up with each other. These stamps and dies work a little bit differently.

First, stamp your image. It will stamp a box around the designs. This will be important for lining things up later. Here are the candy corn. You will be cutting out 24 of them at the same time:

 


Next, place the die on top of the stamped images so that the outer edges of the die lines up with the square that you just stamped. I like to add some washi tape to hold the die in place:

Run the die through your die cutting machine to cut out all the candy corn at once. This die and stamp are a favorite of mine because the candy corn that you get is the perfect size for embellishing Halloween cards. Tiny stamps and dies are often a pain to cut out because you have to line up really tiny pieces in a stamp positioner This one is so much easier!


 Here are what the keys look like. I stamped them with Staz On onto metallic cardstocks:



When I stamped the candles for my card, I inked the bottom half of the stamp with one color and the flames in yellow:

 


I then repeated the process with different colors of candles till I made a ton to have on hand for quick and easy (and last minute) birthday cards:


To make my birthday card, I chose some of my candles from my assortment and popped them up onto a white notecard. I had scored lines onto my card for extra interest and to leave a space for my birthday message. It was difficult to photograph the lines, but perhaps you can see them better from a side view:


As a finishing touch, I added some epoxy stickers for embellishment. I hope you give these stamps/dies a try because are really easy to use. The stamp/die duos are 50% off until they are gone and don't forget to use code 2022 at checkout for an extra 20%off.

Impression Obsession Items Used:

Small Candle Block DIE316T

Candy Corn Block DIE315S

Key Block DIE307U





16 comments:

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the candles. Make a clean, simple
card. Good to have extra for whenever
the need arises. thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Melissa Leftrick said...

Ok those candles are so awesome!! I love those! So versatile!

Janis said...

Love having a pile of die cuts ready to use!! These are super-fun!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

MadeByMeghanK said...

Love the candles and CAS design! Great candy corn too!!!

Karenladd said...

My 3 year old grandson is a candy corn fanatic, so this stamp and die set would get a lot of use throughout the year. After all, who says it can't come in pastels for Easter, red and green for Christmas, and fun colors for birthdays?!!

Wavejumper said...

I have the candy corn set. These are useful sets. And now the price is great.
Margot E

SHartl said...

Oh man do I love that card with the candles. It's simple, fun and modern...and would be easy to put together if you had a whole cup full of candles like that.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: So wonderful! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a cool idea!! I love having the die cuts ready to use for any time of the year.

Denise Bryant said...

Very cool stamps and dies! Love the designs!

Donna Phelan said...

Loving your birthday candle card, great colors and the CAS design is perfect! Those stamp and die duos look amazing!

Dee Earnshaw said...

your birthday card is so sweet - love it
Also thanks for sharing your ideas on making a bunch of die cuts ready to use

Becky Green said...

ALL of these stamp & dies look GREAT! I LOVE how they cut out more than one! THAT can be SO TEDIOUS! BUT, NOT with these sets! A SUPER JOB of showing us these sets, Laura!!! I LOVE YOUR CARDS TOO! ;)

Andre M. said...

This row of bright candles is so festive, perfect for a celebration!

Sue D said...

So cute with the colorful candles.

V. K. said...

I did not know about these dies. Thanks for the instructions on how to use them. Genius idea!!