Wednesday, April 28, 2021

IO- Old is New


Greetings friends. Sometimes we get so busy with new released stamps that we forget about our old favorites. The Impression Obsession team has set aside a days this month to share some new projects using some great older stamps. You can see the list of today’s participants on the Impression Obsession Blog

 

For my card today, I wanted to do something that was lighthearted and great for Spring. I am also a sucker for Lindsay Ostrom designs, so I used her stamps.

The background is the Flourishes Cover A Card stamp. I had leftover paint on the stamp, so I spritzed it with water and then stamped it onto cardstock. Without adding more color, I spritzed it again and stamped it onto another piece of cardstock. Each time I did it, the design got "blurrier" and looked more like watercolor as well as fainter in color. I used a really faint piece for this card so that you could see everything. I let the background dry completely before moving on to the next step.

Next, I stamped my flowers and sentiment on top of the background with black Versafine ink and colored it with some Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a waterbrush.


Impression Obsession Items Used:

Plant Smiles D12179

Cover a Card Flourishes CC027

Fairy Flowers D12172


No comments: