Thursday, January 2, 2020

IO Challenge- Love is in the Air



Greetings friends.  Welcome to 2020!  Impression Obsession has lots of new images for Valentine's Day that work for that special someone as well as all of your loved ones and friends.  If you would like to play along in the challenge, be sure to visit the Impression Obsession blog for more information and to get a list of all the participating designers.

Today I would like to share two cards with you:


For the first card, I wanted to focus on the Simply Love image that includes both the heart as well as the sentiment.  This stamp seemed like the most practical of the Valentine release to me since it seems like it can be used year-round for so many occasions.  I really see it as a great wedding or anniversary image.

To make the card, I stamped the image onto 140lb watercolor paper with black Versafine ink.  I then colored the edges with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and softened the colors with a waterbrush.  I finished the card by adding a few decorative rhinestones.  Clean and simple.


For the second card, I wanted to use one of the new Cover a Card Backgrounds.  It is called Basket Weave.  I already know that I will be using it again in the Spring for Easter cards.  Love it! 

For the coloring, I stamped the Heart Cascade image onto 140lb watercolor paper and colored it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a waterbrush.  To finish the card, I stamped a sentiment from the Everyday Quotes 2 stamp set onto a label I cut from the Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banner die set.

Impression Obsession Items Used:
Simply Love C12111 
Basket Weave Cover a Card CC372
Heart Cascade C12118
Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banner DIE814-U
Everyday Quotes 2 3153-XL 





2 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

I love both cards. I need to play more with my zig markers and water. I forget I even have them!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Outstanding card designs. They are so well done.