Thursday, December 5, 2019

IO Challenge- It's Snow Time


Greetings friends.  The latest IO challenge is all about snow, so I decided to focus on a snowman....aka a "flakey person."


To make the card, I created my own watercolor paper.  I started with 140lb watercolor paper and painted it with blue and purple watercolor paint (with just a hint of green).  While the paint was wet, I placed my harlequin background on top of the paint and let the paint dry while the stamp was still on top of it.  It left a ghost of an impression on the watercolor paint.  Here is a close up:


Next, I cut out my snowman and added some snowman die accessories.  Notice I am continuing my theme of winter characters carrying their coffee with them.  We all need to stay warm after all!  As a finishing touch, I added a sentiment on a white snowbank, colored the top of the snow with a light blue Copic marker and added some sparkle with a little Stickles glue.

I absolutely love this sentiment, and I have to admit, the card was a bit of an excuse to use my sentiment!

Impression Obsession Items Used:
Flakey People B9824 
Large Snowman DIE884-U 
Snowman Accessories DIE885-Q 
Cover a Card harlequin CC004 

Want to have more information on joining the Snow Time challenge and to see inspiration for the other designers?  Be sure to stop by the Impression Obsession Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flakey and coffee-loving friends! Love it!