Thursday, June 6, 2019

IO Challenge- I'll Drink to That


Greetings friends.  There is a new Impression Obsession challenge, and it is all about drinks....any kind of drinks.  I was inspired to play with the brand new Happy Hour stamp set.  The set comes with a Piña Colada image, but for layering purposes, I decided to used a die instead.

To make the card, I started with kraft cardstock and stamped the pineapple in black Versafine ink.  I allowed it plenty of time to dry and then sponged some yellow and green PanPastel chalk on top.  I then layered some Prismacolor pencils on top of the chalk to add some accent of color.  Here is a close up of the pineapples:


Next, I stamped a circle and cut it out by hand before adding the sentiment and my cocktail. The drink was cut out of white cardstock and then colored with Copic markers.

Impression Obsession Items Used:
CL941 Happy Hour Set (both for the pineapple and sentiment)
DIE185-H Mixed Drinks Die Set

Other Items Used:
Prismacolor Pencils- Olive Green, Spring Green, Sandbar Brown, Goldenrod
Copic Markers- Y32, Y35, E31
PanPastels- Yellow Ochre, Chrom Oxide Green

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card and that idea of a pina colada sounds so delicious.

TLady said...

VERY CUTE! ;)<3

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my goodness, this is sweet!